Friday 28 February 2014

My finished 'Sampler in Blue'

These last few days have been busy, busy, busy here but, I did manage to find a couple of hours one afternoon this week when I was able to finish off my 'Sampler in Blue'.  The pattern I used was designed by Gail Pan Designs. In the pattern Gail gives instructions for the completed embroidery to have fabric borders added and then, to stretch it over a canvas to make it into a piece of art.  I really liked the idea of using the embroidery in this way but, on this occasion, I did not finish my sampler like that.



I simply added some fabric borders along with some hanging loops and made it into a small wall hanging.  I really love how the design and colours have all come together.  Next time I will certainly try the canvas wall art idea but, this time I just needed to use what I had to hand rather than buy new supplies.



2 comments: